Vision & Core Values
“It is my deeply held belief that, in order to be successful, a church like McLean Bible Church – or any organization for that matter – must be a vision-driven organization.”
- Lon Solomon
VISIONThe vision of McLean Bible Church is to make an impact on secular Washington with the message of Jesus Christ.
Metropolitan Washington is a unique place. With over six million people, it is one of the most powerful, educated, and diverse cities in the world. It is also one of the most secularized.
We believe that God has assigned a unique role to McLean Bible Church, which is to “to impact secular Washington with the message of Jesus Christ.” This vision has guided every element of our ministry for over a decade.
In Romans 1:16, Paul says, “I am not ashamed of the message of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.” At McLean Bible Church, we believe that a relationship with Jesus Christ is the only thing that can transform a person’s life. Our church is unashamedly dedicated to presenting this message, so that every person in Washington is given a chance to understand it and believe.
CORE VALUESIn order to accomplish our vision, McLean Bible must be a unique kind of church – the kind of church that God can use to make a difference in Washington and beyond. Our 10 Core Values define us, guide us, and ensure that everything we do is aligned with our vision.
- People matter to God – and to us. Luke 15
- The Gospel message transforms people's lives. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- The goal of our ministry is to transform people into fully devoted followers of Christ. Matthew 28:18-20, Ephesians 4:11-16
- Ministry and evangelism must be carried out in a relevant way. 1 Corinthians 9:22b
- People must be treated gently and respectfully. 1 Peter 3:15
- People need to be connected to a caring community. Acts 4:34-35
- Every Christian has a God-given ministry. Ephesians 4:12
- Everything we do must be done with excellence. Colossians 3:23-24
- Our church must have an evangelistic impact on our community. Acts 6:7, 1 Thessalonians 1:8
- To accomplish our mission we must be willing to step out in visionary faith and take risks for God. Hebrews 11:6
Click Here to download the Core Values Booklet.
- The Bible is inerrant and infallible. 2 Timothy 3:16a
- The Bible is the guide for all faith and practice. 2 Timothy 3:16b-17
- Where the Bible is clear, we will be emphatic. Where the Bible is silent, we must allow people freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17, Romans 14:1-4
- Jesus Christ is God in human flesh. John 1:1
- All people are eternally lost; salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ apart from human works. Luke 19:10
- Jesus Christ is the head and authority of the Church. Colossians 1:18
- All ministry that is effective must be empowered by the Holy Spirit. John 15:5
- God moves in response to our united and personal prayer. James 5:16b
- The glory of God is the motive of our ministry. 1 Corinthians 10:31